Saturday 12 November 2011

Beginning

I'm an Australian travelling South America for nearly 4 months, solo.

My main aim is to connect with interesting people, and seek life-changing experiences. My curiosity about the continent comes from my perception of its unique culture, particularly the expressiveness of the people. I will be sight-seeing also. I have a rough itinerary (to stay active, so I don't miss any festivals or sights) but am very flexible.


My favourite, crazy, random experiences on previous trips (twice to Asia and once to Europe) have often been when I've split off from my travel companions and met fascinating locals: climbing a rock on a Greek island, eating at an officer's table in a Cambodian naval base, and walking (and running!) on a frozen lake in China watching local fishermen. Travelling solo will push me to meet people, and should make it easier to be approached also.ust easier to be approached, more randomness, motivation to meet people for the company etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment